Recurring Funding Opportunities:
- CTSI - Translational Pilot Program Ignition Funds - (Deadline: 11/02/21)
- CTSI - Research Salary Bridge Funding - (Deadline: 01/01/22)
- CTSI - Early Career Salary Support - (Deadline: 01/01/22)
- CTSI - Program in Community-Engaged Research Boost Awards - (Cycle: 10/12/21 - 01/11/22, application deadline is at 11:59pm on the last day of the cycle)
Center for Redox Biology and Medicine (CRBM) Request for Applications for Pilot Awards
The CRBM is seeking proposals for projects in need of support to advance research in the area of redox biology and medicine aligned with the strategic areas of emphasis of our institution. Specific criteria considered include:
- Building of new collaborations between members and among researchers from other centers at the Medical School, or with Reynolda Campus faculty and centers.
- Fostering clinical connections with research in the area of redox biology and medicine
- Providing a high potential to inspire new multi-investigator extramural grants (P01s, R01s, U01s, etc).
We anticipate funding 2-5 projects. Successful pilots will receive up to $20,000, to be spent within a 12 month project period.
2021 Common Deadline Pilots
2021Common Deadline Pilots
Full Application Deadline
|WF Center for Biomedical Informatics (WFBMI)||12/15/21 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Center for Vaccines at the Extremes of Aging (CVEA)||12/15/21 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM)||12/15/21 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Center on Critical Illness, Injury, and Recovery Research Center (CIIRRC)||12/15/21 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
Wake Forest Pepper Center Early Career Faculty Scholar Positions Request for Applications
The Research Education Core (REC) of the Wake Forest Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center seeks applications from early career faculty to support their development into independent scientists with an interest in aging, diseases that affect function in older adults, and interventions that integrate pathways affecting physical function for new approaches to disability prevention. Faculty members with an interest in basic, clinical, translational, or population research are invited to apply.
- Information sessions will be held on Wednesday, October 27th at 5 pm and on Friday, October 29th at Noon.
RSVP to Laura Hayworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, October 25th to confirm your attendance and receive a link to join the meeting.
If interested, please e-mail Laura Hayworth (email@example.com) to receive application instructions. In the e-mail be sure to indicate your Department/Section, current academic rank and your area of interest.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Denise Houston, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stephen Kritchevsky, PhD (email@example.com) to discuss their application prior to applying.
- RFA Link
- Application Deadline: December 17, 2021
- Anticipated Start date: April 1, 2021
Interested applicants may contact Joanna Yu in the Office of Philanthropy and
Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please check the RFP links for any potential updates before making plans to apply.**
- PAR-21-347: Clinical Research Education and Career Development (CRECD) Program (R25-Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-MH-22-105: Expanding Differentiated Care Approaches for Adolescents Living with HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- RFA-MH-22-125: Enhanced Interpersonal Focused Strategies for Suicide Prevention Interventions (R34 Clinical Trial Required)
Professional Associations and Societies
Please refer to the individual Program or Funding Opportunity Announcement for deadline information.
- American Cancer Society
- The Triological Society
- American Heart Association
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Federation for Aging Research
- Alzheimer's Association
- ALS Association
- American Diabetes Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Thoracic Surgery Foundation for Research and Education
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- The Oncomine Clinical Research Grant Program will be accepting proposals for the following focus areas: Solid tumor and hemato-oncology research
- Application Deadline: 10/25/21
Department of Defense Health Program - 2021 Funding Opportunities
- Lupus Research Program
- Gulf War Illness Research Program
- Peer Review Medical Research Program
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Program
- Prostate Cancer Research Program
- Lung Cancer Research Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Program
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program
- Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program
- Bone Marrow Failure Research Program
- Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program
- Vision Research Program
- Melanoma Research Program
- Breast Cancer Research Program
Listed below are some quick ways to find external funding opportunities through search mechanisms and announcement listservs.
- For detailed information on funding opportunities, search www.grants.gov with keywords related to your research interests.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Career Development Awards (K-Series)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center