Recurring Funding Opportunities:
- CTSI - Translational Pilot Program Ignition Funds - (Deadline: 06/01/21)
- CTSI - Research Salary Bridge Funding - (Deadline: 07/01/21)
- CTSI - Early Career Salary Support - (Deadline: 07/01/21)
- CTSI - Program in Community-Engaged Research Boost Awards - (Cycle: 04/13/21 - 07/12/21, application deadline is at 11:59pm on the last day of the cycle)
Deadline Approaching Wake Forest Innovations - June 2021 Commercialization Pathway Award:
- Link to RFA
- Application Deadline: May 17th, 2021, 11:59 PM
- Link to Application: https://redcap.wakehealth.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=XN4LTTFR4T
Wake Forest Innovations - June 2021 Catalyst Fund Intermediate Awards:
- Link to RFA
- Application Deadline: June 4th, 2021, 11:59 PM
- Link to Application: https://redcap.wakehealth.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=RDX4AJXJ48
The Program in Community-Engaged Research
- The Program in Community-Engaged Research has a rapid response request for applications for our $30,000 Community-Engaged Cooperative Agreement.
- Applications are due June 4, 2021, by 11:59 PM.
- It is important to note that the cooperative agreement award is designed to build long-term collaboration through research partnerships, requiring at least one representative from a community-based organization and one Wake Forest investigator to share responsibilities as co-PIs.
Click here for full application link.
Wake Forest School of Medicine Center for Biomedical Informatics (WFBMI)
The Wake Forest School of Medicine Center for Biomedical Informatics (WFBMI) is seeking proposals for innovative and translational informatics solutions to healthcare and biomedical research problems across the Atrium Health Enterprise. Novel technologies, including but not limited to testing the feasibility of novel approaches as well as unconventional solutions to translational research problems by leveraging one or more Informatics tools and methods are highly encouraged. Collaborative projects with participation of investigators from both legacy Atrium Health and legacy Wake Forest Baptist Health will be given priority.
The WFBMI will fund one informatics pilot study that addresses gaps in knowledge or other barriers to translational research. The WFBMI will fund one project. Successful pilots will receive up to $25,000, to be spent within 12 months from the project start date.
- Full application deadline: July 12, 2021 at 11:59pm
- Link to the RFA: Request for applications for a Pilot Award
- Click here to apply for the pilot.
Wake Forest Pepper Center Pilot
Wake Forest Claude D Pepper Older Americans Independence Center (OAIC)
Theme: “Integrating pathways affecting physical function for new approaches to disability treatment and prevention”
The Wake Forest Pepper Pilot Studies Program promotes promising new research ideas by providing funds for generation of preliminary data for development of grant applications leading to external funding of larger, definitive studies.
Overall Objective: to promote translational research to assess biological, behavioral, cognitive, genomic, metabolic, and other factors which contribute to age-related physical function decline, or progression to disability.
Major goal: development and testing in clinical/pre-clinical studies of novel interventions targeting age-related decline in physical function to prevent/reverse progression to disability.
Studies supporting WFBHS value-based initiatives aiming to implement discovery-based approaches focused on physical function are welcome. The program funds full pilot studies, proposals with plans to add measures to existing studies, and exploratory analyses of existing databases and archived biofluid and tissue samples.
Innovative, multidisciplinary, geroscience-based, and translational approaches are encouraged, as are involvement of junior faculty as well as faculty from outside fields interested in aging research.
Link to RFA: Wake Forest Pepper Center Pilot RFA
Letter of Intent deadline: Friday, July 16, 2021 by 5:00 pm
Full Application deadline: Friday, August 27, 2021 by 5:00 pm
Funding decisions communicated: Late September 2021
Interested applicants may contact Joanna Yu in the Office of Philanthropy and
Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please check the RFP links for any potential updates before making plans to apply.**
Pfizer Global Medical Grants
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Menopause Experience
- Deadline: 06/10/21
RRF Foundation for Aging
- Research Grants LOI
- Deadline: 06/15/21
Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's
- Quality of Life Research Grants LOI
- Deadline: 06/30/21
- PA-21-205: Development & Testing of Novel Interventions to improve HIV Prevention, Treatment, and Program Implementation for People Who Use Drugs (R34 Clinical Trial Required)
- PA-21-235: NIMH Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-HL-22-001: T32 Training Program for Institutions That Promote Diversity (T32 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Professional Associations and Societies
Please refer to the individual Program or Funding Opportunity Announcement for deadline information.
Health and Environmental Sciences Institute
- 2021 HESI Innovation Prize
- Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com from April 1 – June 30, 2021.
Department of Defense Health Program - 2021 Funding Opportunities
- Lupus Research Program
- Gulf War Illness Research Program
- Peer Review Medical Research Program
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Program
- Prostate Cancer Research Program
- Lung Cancer Research Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Program
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program
- Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program
- Bone Marrow Failure Research Program
- Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program
- Vision Research Program
- Melanoma Research Program
- Breast Cancer Research Program
Listed below are some quick ways to find external funding opportunities through search mechanisms and announcement listservs.
- For detailed information on funding opportunities, search www.grants.gov with keywords related to your research interests.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Career Development Awards (K-Series)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- SPIN Database - Available to all WFBMC users
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- National Science Foundation
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center