Recurring Funding Opportunities:
- CTSI - Translational Pilot Program Ignition Funds - (Deadline: 08/03/21)
- CTSI - Research Salary Bridge Funding - (Deadline: 10/01/21)
- CTSI - Early Career Salary Support - (Deadline: 10/01/21)
- CTSI - Program in Community-Engaged Research Boost Awards - (Cycle: 07/13/21 - 10/11/21, application deadline is at 11:59pm on the last day of the cycle)
2022 NCDRC Pilot Award
The goal of the North Carolina Diabetes Research Center (NCDRC) is to increase the impact of the already important diabetes research ongoing at Duke University, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NC A&T), the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), and Wake Forest School of Medicine (WF). Each has rich resources and outstanding investigators, and the NCDRC represents a timely opportunity to enhance interactions among these research communities and expand unique capabilities at each site to their neighboring campuses. The mission of the NCDRC is to provide investigators, both established in or new to diabetes research, with access to powerful research technologies to enhance the impact of their work, as well as to connect investigators with collaborators, both at intra- and inter-institutional levels, to broaden the scope of their projects.
RFA Link: NCDRC Pilot RFA
LOI Deadline: August 25, 2021
For more information, please visit https://ncdiabetesresearch.org/funding or email Brittney Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline Community-engaged Research Fellowship Application
The goal of the Fellowship is to nurture existing, and/or facilitate the establishment of, a community-engaged research partnership through trust building, skills development, and co-learning.
The community partner will learn about research design, proposal development, and skills that might enhance operations and build organizational capacity (e.g., program development and evaluation). The community partner will spend 10% of their time (paid for by WFSM) to work with the WFSM research partner for 12 months.
The WFSM research partner will learn how community organizations prioritize, function, and overcome obstacles and how community-engaged research can be implemented in community settings. The WFSM research partner will spend 10% of their time (paid for by WFSM) to work with the community partner for 12 months.
RFA Link: Community-engaged Research Fellowship RFA
Link: Application download and additional information
LOI Deadline: July 23, 2021 by 11:59pm
Research Shark Tank
We are looking for clinically relevant project teams to participate in a virtual shark tank competition, competing for a $5000 investment and other research resources for the project. Teams will be asked to give timed pitches limited to 5 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of active conversation with the sharks (researchers and administrators from the CTSI). Sharks will grade each project on its feasibility, potential impact, and enthusiasm.
All projects should:
- Address an existing issue or problem currently affecting our patient population
- Propose a new practice, treatment, tool, approach, etc. that has the potential to improve patient care
- Consider ways to disseminate changes or new best practice to the affected patient population
Entry Deadline: August 30, 2021
Apply here: https://redcap.wakehealth.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=DLCYYH3JND
Questions: Contact Melissa Hutchens at email@example.com
The next Research Shark Tank Competition is scheduled for September 17 at 3 pm. Apply to be a part of this scheduled competition or apply to be considered for future events if not available at that time.
Interested applicants may contact Joanna Yu in the Office of Philanthropy and
Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please check the RFP links for any potential updates before making plans to apply.**
Infectious Diseases Society of America Foundation
- 2021 Microbial Pathogenesis in Alzheimer’s Research Grant
- Deadline: 08/31/21
Yakult and Nature Research
- Global Grants for Gut Health
- Deadline: 09/15/21
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Equity in Access Research Program LOI
- Deadline: 09/17/21
- OTA-21-015C: REsearching COVID to Enhance Recovery (RECOVER) Initiative: Mobile Health Platform
- OTA-21-015D: REsearching COVID to Enhance Recovery (RECOVER) Initiative: Data Repositories
- PAR-21-287: Effectiveness of School-Based Health Centers to Advance Health Equity (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
Professional Associations and Societies
Please refer to the individual Program or Funding Opportunity Announcement for deadline information.
Department of Defense Health Program - 2021 Funding Opportunities
- Lupus Research Program
- Gulf War Illness Research Program
- Peer Review Medical Research Program
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Program
- Prostate Cancer Research Program
- Lung Cancer Research Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Program
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program
- Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program
- Bone Marrow Failure Research Program
- Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program
- Vision Research Program
- Melanoma Research Program
- Breast Cancer Research Program
Listed below are some quick ways to find external funding opportunities through search mechanisms and announcement listservs.
- For detailed information on funding opportunities, search www.grants.gov with keywords related to your research interests.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Career Development Awards (K-Series)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- SPIN Database - Available to all WFBMC users
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- National Science Foundation
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center