Recurring Funding Opportunities:
- CTSI - Translational Pilot Program Ignition Funds - (Deadline: 12/06/22)
- CTSI - Research Salary Bridge Funding - (Deadline: 01/01/23)
- CTSI - Early Career Salary Support - (Deadline: 01/01/23)
- CTSI - Program in Community-Engaged Research Boost Awards - (Cycle: 10/12/22 - 01/11/23, application deadline is at 11:59pm on the last day of the cycle)
|2022 Common Deadline Pilots|
|Center RFA||Full Application Deadline||Application Link|
|12/14/22 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Center on Critical Illness, Injury, and Recovery Research Center (CIIRRC)||12/14/22 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Center on Prevention Science in Child and Family Health (CPSCFH)||12/14/22 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Center for Vaccines at the Extremes of Aging (CVEA)||12/14/22 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
|Wake Forest Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (ADRC)||
12/14/22 by 11:59pm EST
|Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM)||12/14/22 by 11:59pm EST||Apply Now|
The Center for Addiction Research and the Wake Forest Tobacco Control Center of Excellence
The Center for Addiction Research and the Wake Forest Tobacco Control Center of Excellence are pleased to announce the availability of funds to support innovative pilot research projects related to harm reduction for nicotine and tobacco. The pilot program aims to:
- Create new interdisciplinary teams of investigators working on nicotine, tobacco, substance use and addiction research, using team science approaches to address the critical areas challenging the field.
- Support early career faculty
- Increase the number and quality of external grants submitted and funded
The deadline to submit an application has been extended to November 18, 2022 by 5:00pm. Please see the revised timeline below.
Key Dates: The proposed funding period is January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2024
- 2022 CFAR and TCCOE Pilot RFA
- Application Deadline: November 18, 2022 (5:00pm EST)
- Award Notification: December 19, 2022
- Anticipated Grant Start: January 1, 2023
- Progress Reports: June 30 and December 31 of each project year
Center for Redox Biology and Medicine Request for Applications for Pilot Awards
The CRBM is seeking proposals for projects in need of support to advance research in the area of redox biology and medicine aligned with the strategic areas of emphasis of our institution. Successful pilots will receive up to $20,000, to be spent within a 12 month project period.
- Download RFA
- ePilot electronic submission system
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2022, 11:59pm
- Project Start Date: January 1, 2023
- Latest Project End Date: December 31, 2023
Wake Forest Innovations Commercialization Pathway Award
Interested applicants are welcome to seek pre-submission consultations with Wake Forest innovations, see contact information and links found in the RFA below. Consultations should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance of the application deadline.
- Commercialization Pathway Award RFA
- Application Deadline: December 24, 2022
- Project Start Date: No earlier than January 31, 2023
Interested applicants may contact Joanna Yu in the Office of Philanthropy and
Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please check the RFP links for any potential updates before making plans to apply.**
Pershing Square Foundation
- Maximizing Innovation in Neuroscience Discovery Prize LOI
- Deadline: 12/12/22
McKnight Endowment Fund for Neuroscience
- 2023 Neurobiology of Brain Disorders Award LOI
- Deadline: 12/12/22
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Young Investigator Grant
- Deadline: 12/12/22
- RFA-HD-24-001: Pediatric Critical Care and Trauma Scientist Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial Optional)
- RFA-AI-22-069: Cooperative Centers on Human Immunology (U19 Clinical Trial Optional)
- PAR-22-239: Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Professional Associations and Societies
Please refer to the individual Program or Funding Opportunity Announcement for deadline information.
- American Cancer Society
- The Triological Society
- American Heart Association
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Federation for Aging Research
- Alzheimer's Association
- ALS Association
- American Diabetes Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Thoracic Surgery Foundation for Research and Education
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) PHASTR
The N3C PHASTR initiative is a new opportunity to use N3C data to provide fast actionable analyses on high-impact COVID-19 public health questions. It’s also an opportunity to increase community engagement on using big data for research and machine learning best practices. See the N3C website for submission details and timelines.
American Cancer Society
As the nation's largest private, not-for-profit source of funds for scientists studying cancer, the American Cancer Society remains committed to funding basic, translational, clinical, and cancer control research now and in the future - as much as they are able given their available financial resource.
All of Us Research Program
All of Us Research Program Seeks Engagement and Enrollment Partners: The National Institutes of Health's All of Us Research Program has issues a new funding opportunity soliciting proposals to support outreach, community engagement, and participant enrollment and retention efforts. The opportunity spans four specific areas of interest, including community, participant and health care provider engagement, enrollment and retention; researcher engagement; Tribal engagement; and integration of participants and advocates in program oversight.
- Proposals will be accepted on an ongoing basis through May 23, 2025
- Read the Full Announcement
Listed below are some quick ways to find external funding opportunities through search mechanisms and announcement listservs.
- For detailed information on funding opportunities, search www.grants.gov with keywords related to your research interests.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Career Development Awards (K-Series)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center