The Translational Research Academy is an education and research support program to enhance the career development and success of early-career clinical and translational researchers. Faculty who have significant effort devoted to research are eligible to become Academy Scholars. Scholars may continue in the Academy for 18 months based on progress towards identified goals and active participation in Academy programs. The Academy provides education and leadership development training, research support services, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
Mentoring & Networking
- CTSI Scholars strengthen their network by interacting with outstanding clinical and translational researchers participating in the program.
- Small, diverse group setting of peers allows for multidisciplinary collaborations.
- Leaders of the Academy provide mentoring in addition to that of the Scholar’s research mentoring team.
Education & Leadership Development
- A rich, varied curriculum designed to support scholars’ development of clinical and translational research competencies.
- Twice monthly Scholar Forum sessions facilitated by senior faculty with three themes:
- Scientific and Research Process
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Short courses and workshops are scheduled throughout the year to strengthen knowledge and skills in specific content areas.
- Online seminars covering research education topics are available through the CTSI Education Database.
Research Support Services
- Research Navigators are available to each Academy Scholar to assist in accessing programs and services needed to successfully achieve research goals.
- Scholars receive preferential access to varied services and resources, including:
Click on the items below to download PDFs of previous cohorts.