The K&R Writers Series, with step-by-step instructions and personalized feedback, provides a disciplined approach to the development of your K or R grant proposal application. The program is led and supported by senior faculty from multiple disciplines with extensive experience in successful research grant writing. Each participant will also be paired with a faculty member who will provide written feedback throughout the program. Didactic materials and writing assignments are provided prior to each session.
The program will culminate in a mock study section simulating the review process where participants will receive feedback on their applications. By the end of the program, your grant proposal should be in a format that is nearly ready for submission.
- Be an early career faculty or senior-level post-doctoral fellow* who is planning to submit or resubmit a K, R, or foundation grant application in fall 2023 or spring 2024.
- Have already identified a funding mechanism with help from your primary scientific mentor and verified your eligibility.
- Provide a letter of commitment from your primary scientific mentor who will review your proposal assignments throughout the series.
- Submit: a current CV, draft Biosketch, draft Specific Aims page or a 1-page outline of the proposed research project, and a 1-page outline of the approach section (research strategy).
- Commit to attending at least 80%of required sessions and completing all relevant grant application assignments.
(*Consideration will be given to senior-level post-doctoral fellows eligible for K99/R00 or similar grants specifically for transition to faculty on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon capacity.)
Enrollment will be limited to allow for sufficient faculty feedback to all participants.
Learn how to apply for the 2023 K&R Writers Series!
See the following resources to help with...
· Determining eligibility for a funding mechanism
These resources require a wakehealth.edu email address to login.