The FY21 CTSI Invoicing Guidelines have been reviewed and accepted by the Research Executive Council. The Invoicing Guideline document is intended to offer guidance on Researcher Classifications, Extramural Award Investigator Status, and Funding Source as it relates to determining the cost of CTSI Services. Included within the guidance document are these definitions to assist in identifying a Researcher as Early-Career, Experienced, or Non-Faculty.
Based on the new Guidelines, the following changes will be implemented for FY21
- Pricing is calculated per project, based on the Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator’s researcher classification and source of funding.
- Pricing will be updated each fiscal year, which is defined as the period of July 1 through June 30.
- Rates will no longer be grandfathered based on a previous year’s rates.
- It is encouraged to include a small amount of inflation in the budget to account for a possible increase in service costs each year.
The Principal Investigator (Co-Principal Investigator, if applicable) is confirmed at the time of the Notice of Award and cannot be amended unless also amended with the extramural funding source and in the IRB protocol.
- If there is a discrepancy between the PI noted on the external funding source and the PI noted in the eIRB system, the default is the external funding source.
Charges will be updated in our system to the new FY21 pricing models effective July 1, 2020.
Links to the FY21 Pricing:
More detail on the Clinical Research Unit (CRU) services can be found on the CRU Services webpage.
If you have any questions, please email the CTSI at CTSI@wakehealth.edu.