- Provide new research opportunities by encouraging interdisciplinary cooperation
- Support public and private grant funded research
- Integrate all researchers utilizing imaging techniques
- Engage in hardware and software development
- Sponsor grants for technical development
- Encourage industry funded research
The TIP is committed to keeping Wake Forest School of Medicine on the cutting edge of imaging research.
The Translational Imaging Program (TIP) occupies several spaces:
- The ground and first floors (13,200 square feet) of the MRI building including an office suite for Bioinformatics, an image analysis training room, a video editing lab, plus cubicles for programmers and analysts
- 2,000 square feet in the Nutrition Research Center
- Dean building
There are several large bench laboratories and multiple small bench laboratories, which are used for the production of radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals, an image analysis lab and a cyclotron.
These laboratories are well-equipped with current technologies.