The Institutional Data and Safety Monitoring Board (I-DSMB) is a standing committee available to provide independent oversight for human research studies conducted by WFBH of WFBH-affiliated faculty.
An independent Data and Safety Monitoring Board may be needed for high-risk human research studies, for studies in which the investigator and/or the institution may have a potential conflict of interest, for studies involving vulnerable populations or for multi-site studies. I-DSMB members review on a regular basis study information pertaining especially to human subject safety and study integrity.
- The I-DSMB can provide oversight for appropriate WFBH investigator-initiated, locally conducted (single- or multi-site) clinical trials receiving NIH, departmental, or other non-industry support. The I-DSMB may also serve as the primary independent monitoring body for some trials sponsored by industry (a fee for monitoring services would be involved).
- I-DSMB members will have expertise in clinical trial methodology and conduct, epidemiology, biostatistics, ethics, and clinical research. Ad hoc members may be invited to serve on the I-DSMB based on a need for unique expertise represented by regular members.
I-DSMB is available to provide oversight and monitoring for human research studies conducted by WFBMC and WFBMC-affiliated faculty investigators. The cost is $78 per hour.
Issis Kelly Pumarol: email@example.com | 336-716-8372
We especially encourage you to consider your clinical research study monitoring needs during the grant or IRB pre-submission phase of your study.
- Dr. Kaycee Sink, Chair
- Dr. Capri Foy, Vice Chair
- Dr. James Thompson
- Dr. Claudia Campos
- Dr. Nkechinyere Emejuaiwe
- Dr. Mahta McKee
- Dr. Chadwick Miller
- Professor Nancy King
- Dr. Haiying Chen
- Dr. Thomas Wesley Templeton
- Dr. Wei Lang
- Dr. Xiauyan Iris Leng
- Dr. Mustafa Saad Siddiqui
Ad hoc members:
- Dr. Preston Miller (for monitoring artificial skin study in burn patients)
- Dr. Marina Nunez (Dr. Atala transplant trial)
- Dr. Jeffrey Rogers (Dr. Atala transplant trial)
- Dr. Brian Strittmatter (as needed for pharmaceutical trials)
Ex officio (without vote) members:
- Dr. Richard Weinberg, MD, IRB Executive Chair; Gastroenterology
- Dr. Joseph Andrews, PHD, MA, CIP, Director of IRB and Human Research Protection Program
- Ms. Paula Means, MPA, Assistant Dean for Research