Led by two faculty with extensive experience in successful research grant writing, Debra Diz, PhD, and Barb Nicklas, PhD, the program is supported by senior faculty representing multiple disciplines, and by staff with expertise in grant writing.
- Didactic materials and writing assignments provided prior to each session.
- Each participant will be paired with a faculty member who will provide written feedback throughout the program.
- Small group activities for additional guidance.
The program will culminate in a mock study section simulating the review process where participants will receive feedback on their applications.
|By the end of the program, your proposal should be in a format that is nearly ready for submission.|
- Plan to submit or re-submit a K, R, or foundation grant application between fall 2020 and spring 2021.
- Provide a letter of commitment from a scientific mentor who will support the proposal development.
- Submit a draft Specific Aims page, or a 1-page outline of the proposed research project.
- Commit to attending at least 80% of required sessions and complete relevant grant application assignments. (2 sessions are for K writers only.)
How To Apply
Submit online application by March 2, 2020.