The 1,750 square foot MRI research facility is located on the first floor of the MRI Building. It is operated by dedicated MR registered technologists during normal business hours. The technologists have experience in all aspects of MR imaging research as well as with a wide variety of animal imaging. The facility is equipped with all necessary supplies, including resuscitation equipment.
The facility houses a Siemens MAGNETOM Skyra 3T MRI Scanner with TIM Technology and the following features:
- 3T Siemens Skyra operating at E11E platform
- Multinuclear spectroscopy
- Gradient field strength of 45 mT/m, SR 200 T/m/s
- 70 cm open bore design, weight limit 500 lbs
- Capable of Advanced DTI, BOLD, Spectroscopy, ASL, Map-It (cartilage) and Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Equipped with stimulation equipment for fMRI studies
- Various coils including 32 channel head coil, 20 channel head/neck, 18 channel body, 32 channel spine, 15 channel knee and surface loop coils.
- Contrast Power Injector
All image data is supplied to investigators in compliance with IRB and HIPAA regulations. Data can be downloaded to dedicated research image workstations for investigator analysis and/ or to be formatted for transmission to offsite reading centers.
TISR Members engaged in MRI research and who also serve as consultants to other investigators:
- Megan Lipford, PhD, Assistant Professor, Radiology of the Department of Biomedical Engineering, is a physicist working in the field of fMRI.