Clinical Studies Registry
Search through active research studies at the patient-focused Be Involved website.
Contact Selvin Ohene at email@example.com for information on how to include your study in the Be Involved Registry.
Be Involved FAQ
- What is the overall objective of Be Involved?
Be Involved aims to serve as a complementary recruitment tool to help connect researchers with willing volunteers and for volunteers to register (or search) for active clinical studies.
- Is Be Involved only for clinical trials?
No, Be Involved is available for any type of IRB-approved study.
- What do I have to do to use Be Involved as a recruitment tool?
Email BeInvolvedRegistrar@wakehealth.edu or call 336-716-2121 to start a query.
- What do I need to communicate to my IRB if I want to use Be Involved?
You may need to add Be Involved as one of your recruitment tools and/or mechanisms in your IRB protocol and that you will plan to utilize this tool.
- Can I include the Be Involved URL in my study advertisements?
Yes, a goal of Be Involved is to build a robust registry of volunteers to help facilitate clinical studies for researchers and make information about studies more readily available to potential volunteers.
- How do I get matched with Volunteers?
Be Involved is managed by the Wake Forest Translational Science Institute (TSI). Once you have indicated you would like to initiate a query, a designated TSI staff member will run a query for a list of potential volunteers and email those volunteers on the researcher’s behalf. An individual’s detailed registration information will not be provided. Examples of utilizing Be Involved include:
- Email Be Involved registrants to volunteer on a study.
- Find out how many potential volunteers may be available to participate in a study for a grant application or protocol submission.
- What does it cost to use Be Involved?
There is no cost to utilize Be Involved.
What can I do if I have more questions?
For general questions, please email BeInvolvedRegistrar@wakehealth.edu or call 336-716-2121. Also, your suggestions about how we can improve this resource for you are always welcome!