The Animal Laboratory Training Coordinator, Amanda Dillard, assembles training programs and provides direct training to laboratory, teaching and husbandry staff on procedures as well as the care and handling of animals.
Additional one-on-one, tailored training is available for lab staff (e.g. animal identification techniques, blood collection, injections, anesthesia, and monitoring, handling and restraint, husbandry and care, sex differentiation, humane euthanasia, etc.).
AALAS Learning Library
Training requirements are based on species exposure. They are also specific to a protocol. There are specific modules for some activities, too, such as surgery, rodent breeding, or use of animals in a biosafety level 2 facility.
Please refer to the Animal Use Table for an outline of species-specific courses.
Access the AALAS Learning Library via eIACUC (under your eIACUC login). Once you complete a course, documentation of completion will automatically be sent from AALAS to your profile in eIACUC.
1. Log in to eIACUC (Use your medical center username and password)
2. Click "My Home" (top right)
3. Click “Log In to AALAS” (left side)
i. Click "Tracks" (left side)
ii. Complete the required WFU courses.
Yes! For assistance, contact Amanda Dillard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you cannot access the eIACUC system, contact IACUC staff who will set up your account. Set up takes only a few minutes.
We offer hands-on training for all species. This includes basic handling, blood collection, gavage, injections, aseptic technique, anesthesia, euthanasia, and many more.
- Contact Amanda Dillard (email@example.com) to enroll in hands-on class
Research personnel must maintain an Individual Training Log in order to comply with the expectations set forth in the most recent Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- Tutorial: Individual Training Log
- Template Form: Individual Training Log Cover Sheet
- Template Form: Procedure-Specific Training Record
- Example: Completed Individual Training Log
Your “Profile” page in eIACUC allows you to upload training certificates directly to your eIACUC training profile.
- Login to eIACUC
- Click on the Profile tab in the center of the page
- Click on your name to bring up your profile
- Use the activity button “Upload Training Certificates-Documents”
NEW RESEARCH FACULTY/STAFF/STUDENTS
- Lab Animal Orientation (Download)
- Contact Information (institutional login required)