All proposals must be submitted to the Office of Sponsored Programs through InfoEd. Final proposals should be received 3 days prior to the sponsor deadline. Please refer to the Wake Forest School of Medicine Proposal Deadline Policy for more information.
Proposals to external sponsors that are not routed to OSP through the InfoEd system prior to sponsor award issuance will experience delays in processing and award setup. If appropriate approvals are not obtained prior to the receipt of an award, the institution is not contractually bound to accept an award on behalf of the PI. In all instances, when routing is not completed prior to issuance and receipt of an award, review and acceptance consideration will not be given priority over others in the queue that have followed institutionally defined processes.
The Office of Sponsored Programs is no longer accepting paper routing package submissions for industry sponsored (or otherwise funded) Clinical Trial or Clinical Research Agreements. Going forward all complete routing packages must be submitted through InfoEd. However, please note that the requirement for electronic routing through InfoEd does not apply at this time to Confidentiality Agreements (CDAs) or Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), or to contract amendments.
For any submission, the Office of Sponsored Programs requires a complete routing package. Review the Required Routing Checklists for specific award criteria.
The Principal Investigator must complete the Proposal Review and Certification Form, including all required signatures. Use the following Keycodes to assist in completing the form. The departmental chairman reviews the application for scientific content, personnel, and space requirements. The application is then reviewed by the Office of Sponsored Programs and signed by the Institutional Official or delegate.
Please review the Guidelines for Sponsored Programs Requiring Internal Review, as some sponsors may necessitate additional steps in the process.
InfoEd Training Materials
- InfoEd User Guide
- The modules that comprise InfoEd's pre-award systems feature advanced automation and sophisticated rules-based intelligence to further streamline the creation, funding, tracking and administration of sponsored programs
- Delegation - Steps to take to grant access of review and edit of PI's proposal to an individual in another department or to someone within the department who doesn't have significant security access.
- Departmental eRouting - Step by step instruction on electronically routing proposals to Grants and Contract
- Generic Proposal Creation - Step-by-step screenshots of key navigation points in preparing a non grants.gov application/contract. i.e. Association, Foundation, Industry, State
- System Navigation - Step-by-step screenshots of key navigation points in the upgraded V14 system.
- Security Access Request- Departmental security access form and detailed security level descriptions.
- Review the Required Routing Checklists for specific award criteria.
For questions, please contact Ryan Favreau, firstname.lastname@example.org.