The eIRB is a web‐based, electronic method to submit, track, and review Human Subjects Applications, including continuing reviews, safety events, and amendments.
Access the eIRB
In order to request eIRB user access, you need to contact the IRB at 716-4542. You will then be able to login with your medical center credentials.
Please refer to the eIRB User’s Guide. If you need further assistance, please contact the HRPP/IRB. HRPP leadership is available to researchers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via email, phone, or pager.
Login to eIRB
Uses of the eIRB
The HRPP uses information in the eIRB to:
- conducts review to ensure protection of human subjects.
- coordinates activity of several entities (ancillary reviews) to facilitate review process and manages communications between the reviewers and study teams.
- helps prepare regulatory binders.
- ensures all criteria for approval are met.
- help determine who needs to be a member of the study team.
- helps to develop advertisement and recruitment plans and facilitates the Creative Communications review.
- works with study teams following a board meeting to assist with appropriately addressing review concerns.
For amendments, the HRPP uses the eIRB to:
- determines whether further ancillary review is needed as a result of the change(s).
- determines whether participants need to be re-consented now that new information related to the study is available.
- grants emergency execptions to the protocol and approves requests for emergency use of a test article.