Profiles Research Networking Software, a web-based networking tool designed to rapidly mine expertise by key word and/or name search. Profiles identifies these connections through publications, MeSH terms, and physical location to enable Wake Forest faculty and staff to find collaborators across the institution. Profiles has been specifically developed for Wake Forest faculty from open source software pioneered by Harvard Catalyst and is part of the Direct2Experts national consortium.
Login to Profiles
- Profiles provides basic profile information including name, title(s), contact number(s), email address and publications.
- Profiles intuitively develops a passive network based on this information to illustrated direct associations of co-authors, research interests, and location.
- Profiles includes several different ways to view networks:
- Concept Clouds, which highlight a person’s area of research;
- Map Views, which show where a person’s co-authors are located;
- Publication Timelines, which graph the number of publications of different types by year;
- Radial Network Views, which illustrate clusters of connectivity among related people; and
- Concept Timelines, which depict how a person’s research focus has changed over time.
John Shaver: email@example.com | 336-716-9104