- The purpose of this program is to set fair salary recovery expectations for Wake Forest School of Medicine faculty in a manner that drives key behaviors and furthers our desired culture of collegiality, accountability, and excellence.
- These salary expectations are applicable to all faculty with the exception of contingent faculty, who must fund 100% of salary with extramural funds.
- Faculty with a research component of their salary will be expected to support 65% of this research effort with extramural (e.g. grants & contracts) funds. The remaining 35% of research salary is considered the “match.”
- To calculate research effort, start with a faculty member’s employed FTE and remove anticipated FTE associated with clinical, educational, and administrative functions. The remainder should be the faculty member’s research effort, of which at least 65% should be supported by extramural funds.
- Extramural funds can be derived from any extramural research funding source, regardless of F&A rate.
- Department Chair must confirm all research efforts
If you have any questions or would like guidance on how best to proceed, please contact Meredith Hankins at email@example.com.